Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 07:08:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  windows xp does not start up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: windows xp does not start up  (Read 3565 times)
vaithsr

« on: March 21, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »

I have windows xp, after a power failure the computer did not boot. When I try to do an upgrade install of Windows XP using setup disk, I get unmountable_volume error (BSOD). SO I went into windows recovery console and did a fixmbr by mistake. The disk became unusable. Then I used diskpatch to rebuild partitions and now the disk and data are visible when attached to another computer. But if i make the disk active, I still get the unmountable_disk_Volume when windows xp starts up (from safe mode, it loads several drivers, but after agpxxx.sys it just hangs.) Any help is greatly appreciated. I have some encrypted data so i have to boot from this disk.
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 07:57:56 PM »

Hello,

If it gets as far as loading drivers then all DiskPatch can fix; the MBR, partition table and boot sectors are ok. If you can access the data then make sure it is copied somewhere safe. Only after that try getting Windows to run, chkdsk, Windows repair install etc., but we can't help you with that. Our main expertise is disk structures and recovery of data that was lost due to corruption of those structures. Sometimes when it is obvious the disk does not start due to MBR or boot sector issues we can offer a helping hand.

Good luck!

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length