Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:20:44 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Changing Hard disk drive letter
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changing Hard disk drive letter  (Read 4030 times)
carm

« on: September 23, 2008, 10:15:44 PM »

Hello,
I've recently changed my HDD letter from H: to G: . I did it, because for the lack of time i.e. copying, pastying etc. And now windows XP seems not to respond to the hard disk (Tried different machines -same problem, because firstly I thought it was problem with OS registrers). DiskManagement shows that there is unformatted empty disk. But when I connected HDD to linux based system (OSX if to be precise), it was fine: the disk was readable, data was there, i.e. the fully functional drive. So my question is: How I can repair this error without loosing any data, that windows OS will read it again.

Thank you.
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:00:14 AM »

Hello,

Linux is far more forgiving than Windows when it comes to certain types of file system damage. As you can access your data, the obvious solution is: backup the data, reformat the disk, then restore the data.

We can try see if we can repair this, but then we need a DiskPatch support analysis logfile.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length