Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 01:42:41 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iUndelete (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Recovered files are corrupted - help please!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recovered files are corrupted - help please!  (Read 9277 times)
ktm

« on: April 19, 2011, 02:33:09 PM »

On Sunday, I deleted a file in My Documents and somehow also accidentally permanently deleted the folder containing all of my ebooks.
I searched online and found iUndelete and ran the trial of that on a usb flash drive. It showed the majority of the files that had been deleted, so I purchased the full version which I also saved and ran on a usb flash drive. I saved the recovered files to the flash drive as well, however, when I try to open them, they are all corrupted.
Is there any way you can help me fully restore these files (html, pdf, epub and Microsoft Word files) or, if not, issue me a refund?
My OS is Windows Vista.
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »

If the restored files are corrupt, there isn't much that iUndelete can do.
Are you sure you want the refund? The whole idea of iUndelete (and recovering deleted files) is that you recover them as quickly as possible, so having iUndelete installed and ready is the smartest way to deal with this.

ktm

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »

If something like this happens again, will I be able to recover the files uncorrupted? If so, should I download iUndelete to my computer instead of a different disc? If not, I don't see how it can be helpful...
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »

Getting files back in one piece is never guaranteed (because of how NTFS and Windows work) but you have the best possible chance if you perform the recovery immediately after the file has been deleted. So if you remove iUndelete now, then reinstall it when something is deleted, your chances of recovering the file decrease dramatically. So it's best to keep iUndelete installed (in your current Windows) just in case you need to undelete something in the future. iUndelete is as much about being prepared as it is about actual recovery.

ktm

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 04:23:51 PM »

Okay, thanks--I'll download it and keep it for the future.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length