Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 01:43:02 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iUndelete (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Recovery and software problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recovery and software problems  (Read 5808 times)
miciver

« on: August 23, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »

I have now downloaded the software and am having problems recovering my files.

The files were deleted from the recycle bin and many can be seen when exploring the c drive with your software.

I find firstly that when i ask the software to search the c drive, the progress bar only ever makes it about 2 thirds of the way and then goes no further.

If I then cancel this, and explore the c drive shown on the recovery software, it shows many files which have been deleted in folders etc, and I am only viewing files where there is 100% recoverable data.

If I then try to recover the files, I get a message saying thread error, not enough storage space to complete the recovery.

I am trying to recover them to a memory stick which has many times the capacity of the file sizes I am trying to recover.

Could someone advise what the problem is?

Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 09:30:34 AM »

Hello,

And what's the file system on the c: drive? On a FAT(32) file system it may take some time for the program to finish but eventually it will. However it won't hurt to simply cancel the scan and see if the files you're after are there.

The size of all deleted files together can exceed the size of the entire volume. So, i don't know how you are determining that there is enough space for the entire selection of files to be copied to ... But it is possible that although recovering deleted files from a 40 GB volume (just an example) won't fit on a destination volume of that same size.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
miciver

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 12:50:24 PM »

Thanks for your reply, it did eventually finish.

However I have a problem in that I am having computer problems and have downloaded the software 3 times.

I need to download it again but the system does not allow this, so please advise how I can download again?

Regards
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:53:31 PM »

I have reset the download link so you can download 3 more times

--
Kind regards,
Joep
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: