Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 01:47:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iUndelete (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  iundelete/irecover
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iundelete/irecover  (Read 4118 times)
paulinew79

« on: September 14, 2011, 06:19:16 PM »

Hi, My external harddrive got wiped accidentially the other evening when i connected it to the TV digital box - it created some partition??? and deleted all my files - mainly photos and video etc. I went online and found iundelete which i tried and it found nothing. I then purchased irecover - that did find some of the data but what it found was corrupt adn no good. I then tried a long scan with iundelete - it ran for over two days and i eventually had to cancel it as it seemed to be frozen. It had found some photos but a very small amount. I have since downloaded a trial of other software which seems to be able to find all my photos no bother but I don't want to buy more software. Am i doing something wrong with the irecover or iundelete programs - hopefully you can help??
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »

Hello,

iUndelete is purely for recovering deleted files, so files that were disposed of using the operating system methods. If something mysterious happens and 'some partition' was created then iUndelete can't help. So given your description I am not suprised iUndelete didn't do the trick.

If you're doing something wrong with iRecover I can't tell because you don't tell me what you are doing exactly. I also don't know what happened. How was the disk partitioned in the first place and how after 'some partition' was created (where did you see this partition). What was the file system on the disk? With regards to the other software: did it do a raw scan (so did it find nameless photos or do they have the original filename/directories)? What scan did you do with iRecover (image recovery or data recovery linux and windows)? You'd need to be more specific if you want me to help with iRecover or email me your order ID so I can refund your purchase.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length