Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:24:29 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Dual boot partition recovery
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dual boot partition recovery  (Read 3904 times)
Groobs

« on: October 10, 2008, 04:55:26 PM »

Hi,
i have a laptop dual booting Vista and XP. Vista was installed first then a new partition created using disk manager in Vista and XP installed. This was working fine until i deleted the Vista recovery partition  (needed more space for XP and didn't realise it was required to boot).

When I run DiskPatch i can do a Full scan megabyte aligned and find the Vista and recovery partition OR do a full scan Cylinder aligned and find the XP partition. I have successfully repaired and booted Vista but the XP partition appears as unallocated space in disk manager. If I repair the XP partition then Vista no longer boots (only the XP partition is available).

Is there some way to recover the XP partition as well as the Vista ones?

Thanks
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:47:51 PM »

Hello,

But I understand BOTH partitions are created with Vista? What matters is with what partitions are created, based on that you decide on the scan algo.

Post all logfiles please (from DPFILES folder on diskette).

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length