Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:22:42 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Bad drive works, good drive won't after clone
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bad drive works, good drive won't after clone  (Read 3714 times)
Jeff

« on: October 25, 2013, 05:12:24 PM »

Windows 2003 server DC has primary and IDE ATA Maxtor 133MB drive that boots and works but reporting bad sectors and wont fix itself. I cloned it to an EIDE WD 320 drive (about the only thing I could find that was IDE). Clone took 4 days! After clone system won't boot with new clone.
What can I do from here? HELP.
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »

Without more details (health reports etc.) this will be an educated guess, but it sounds pretty clear to me.
The original disk was quite bad so it's more than likely that parts of the disk could not be cloned. Creating a clone and having it boot only works if the clone was 100% successful, and this clone operation clearly wasn't. So, getting this to boot will probably never work, the only option you have is lifting the data from the disk (if needed, if you don't need anything from the disk simply replace it).
In addition it could also be a disk geometry issue. For a more detailed advice you'll need to post some reports. DiskPatch creates a log, attach the log of the clone operation to a message. Also create a support analysis log for the cloned (new) disk:
http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/dp_manual/guide_supportanalysis.htm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length