Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2019, 07:30:26 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Disk Help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disk Help  (Read 3745 times)
Stratatec

« on: November 06, 2008, 06:38:18 PM »

In server 2003 when I opened Disk Management to view two mirrored SCSI H/D, it stated that it needed to write a signature on both disks.  Odd, since obviously this had previously been done to create the mirror.  I selected both disks, and answered no to "upgrade to dynamic" since this had obviously also been done previously.  Upon clicking "next", BSOD, and now both drives appear empty.  Microsoft has been of no help, what a shock!   Anyway the question is, I downloaded Disk Patch and after running a quick scan I get "the LDM database was found on disk 0 (128) but no corresponding Partition Table was found.  Do you wish to create a Partition Table entry for a Dynamic disk"  Will this fix my problem, or is this the wrong approach since it was originally a Dynamic Disk.  Thanks so much, I'm in deep with a Server down

I cannot attach analysis log as Disk Patch will not accept my A: drive as a destination.

TIA

-Ron
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »

Hello,

Well, that sounds as if the MBR was blanked or overwritten for some mysterious reason. And if that was the case, writing the type 42 partition to the partition table may resolve the issue. Simply trying it will do not harm, all DiskPatch will do is alter some byte values in the MBR. I suggest you also examine the mirror disk. Boot the OS and see if the disk/array can be imported.

If not then the approach depends on the situation at hand:

- If there was ONE volume then letting DiskPatch rebuild a standard MBR/partition will do the trick probably. I say 'probably' because I assume the file system on the partition is intact. You can, after you have verified the disk can be accessed even upgrade the disk to dynamic again.

- If there were more volumes it depends upon the actual damage if DiskPatch will be able to find all partitions/volumes. DiskPatch can only handle 'simple' volumes.

If DiskPatch is unsuccessfull in detecting all volumes you will need iRecover to salvage files. Often iRecover is able to parse the LDM and identify all volumes even if Windows does not.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length