Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 10:08:47 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  General Data Recovery (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Greetings From Providence
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings From Providence  (Read 2621 times)
Jared

« on: November 19, 2015, 07:05:27 PM »

Hi all, I just want to introduce myself.  I work doing full time data recovery work for Data Medics in Rhode Island.  Mostly specialize in data recovery from failed hard drives and RAID arrays.  I'm not really familiar with the software listed in this forum, but anything data recovery related is always of interest to me.  So it's always nice to find another forum.

If you have any questions related to data recovery beyond what just software can handle please feel free to PM me, otherwise I'm just hoping to read up on the experiences of others and contribute my expertise where I can.

Jared

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 07:12:00 PM »

Question for moderators:  I notice that I'm not able to reply to any other topics.  Is that because my account is newly registered, or is there a fixed time frame until topics just get locked?  Also, I see you have profile fields for ICQ, MSN, etc. but you don't have one for Skype which is the one I'm always on.  Have you considered adding Skype too?

Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:13:38 PM »

Hi Jared,

Welcome. I think you should be able to reply to all topics, unless a little lock is displayed, like with our sticky topics ... I will look into that.

ICQ, MSN .. yes, they're options the forum offers. Will look into that as well.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
Jared

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 04:54:22 PM »

Yes, I've just confirmed that I still cannot reply to other topics.  It might be a setting in the board that restricts new users activity (likely to prevent a lot of spam in various threads).  Perhaps it'll go away after a certain number of posts.  I know in phpBB it's usually 5 posts before you become a "regular" user instead of a "new" user.

Jared

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 05:03:15 PM »

This could be preventing people from joining the forum.  I know I see a topic or two I'd like to weigh in on with some advice but can't seem to do it.

Perhaps I'll just have to post here a couple more times to get past the 5 posts.  Hopefully it isn't more than that.

Jared

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 05:21:01 PM »

Seems to be resolved now, I see the reply button in other threads. 

Thanks Admin!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length