Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 08:54:10 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iRecover (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Recover deleted folder from Iomega StorCenter Pro 150d RAID 5
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recover deleted folder from Iomega StorCenter Pro 150d RAID 5  (Read 10225 times)
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 03:32:39 PM »

Which version did you use? 6.1 or the one I made available for download later?

--
Kind regards,
Joep
calcubilla

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2016, 08:44:35 PM »

I've used the one I downloaded from your website 6.1 because I thought that it's the only one that can be bought.
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »

The other version works with the same serial number. Does the tool from Raise show the files you're after? Can I see the logfile (please ZIP first) which is located in the iRecover installation folder?

--
Kind regards,
Joep
calcubilla

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »

Hi Joep,

Your version has worked!!, however I couldn't recover any more deleted photos than I had already recovered. The vast majority are the current files. Embarrassed

I'm attaching the file tree and the log file. You will see that now the jpg and avi files are shown and everything hangs on a XFS folder. The process was quite fast with this version. I hope this helps improve the official version.  Smiley

All the best, Cesar
calcubilla

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 11:45:21 AM »

Sorry Joep I forgot to answer one of your questions. The tool from Raise showed a lot of files (including current files) like yours and I could recover some of the deleted ones. What I was saying in the previous post is that I could not recover more with iRecover.
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2016, 01:37:35 PM »

Hello,

I do really appreciate you taking your time to report your findings, thanks! I haven't got my XFS documentation with me right now, so I can't re-read it, but it is possible that a low chance of success in recovering deleted files is a 'property' of this file system. Each file system handles deleted files differently, and some do it in such a way that recovery of deleted files is close to impossible. RAW file recovery may still be an option: So recovery of files based on file characteristics rather than on file system structures. Drawback of that method is that you will most likely recover nameless files that you will all have to go through to determine if they're the files you want back.

Did you order iRecover, because if you did I can refund the purchase seen that fact you weren't able to recover the deleted files you were after. If you want a refund you can email me (support@diydatarecovery.nl) your order ID.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
calcubilla

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »

Hi Joep,

Well I think the effort made so far is enough. At least I've recovered part of the files and I'm satisfied with that. Thank you very much for your kind and prompt support. I'm pretty sure that very few of your competitors team up with the customer like you do.

As for the purchase, I received a message from Mycommerce after 1 or 2 days saying that the checkout didn't completed properly and as I was trying with the demo version I didn't get back to it. Many thanks anyway, that tells a lot about you.

I will recommend you to anyone in need of this kind of software.

Kind regards, Cesar

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length