Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 01:45:51 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iUndelete (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Recover floppy drive files?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Recover floppy drive files?  (Read 4030 times)
Macktek

« on: May 25, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »

Hello. I have recently downloaded iUndelete.
The floppy disk is in drive A, which I select.

Next, I choose scan.  Nothing happens.

Does iUndelete work for floppy disks?  (Do you have a product that works to recover files from floppy disks?)

BTW, I have DiskPatch from ? 2005 or so, it was very good back then, so thank you.
(My assumption is that DiskPatch won't work to recover files on floppies, so that is why I tried the iUndelete).

Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:22:52 PM »

Hello,

Hmm. Forgot actually if there's FAT12 code in there ... and got no disk drive to try. Nothing at all happens? The diskette isn't even accessed?

--
Kind regards,
Joep
Macktek

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »

So, it recognized all the drives.
It shows A: [] 0 bytes
I click Scan... it "accessed" and I hear it spin, but nothing on the screen happens. It does not show any potential files to recover.

Most of the other "undelete" type tools fail too, but one recovery tool shows a list of files, with the actual file name that I want to recover.
So, I know that the disk has data on it ... at least in some form.

If I created an image of the disk and mailed it to you... would that assist?
(When I open with WinImage a floppy img burning software, I get several errors during the read such as "Disk Error on Track 0 Head 0, sector not found" (several of those as it reads).
But eventually it lists some files, and I can save a vfd and imz file.  (Not sure if it would be of any use tho).
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:15 PM »

Hello,

It shows A: [] 0 bytes

It means the file system is corrupt. Typical undelete tools, including iUndelete are designed for an intact file system, they're not equipped to deal with things as corrupt boot sectors etc..

But, you have a tool there which did recover the files? Maybe I have some tools floating around somewhere on my old harddisks that could help you, but we have no current tools that work with diskettes with a corrupt file system.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length