Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2017, 09:37:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iRecover (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Data Recovery Product CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Data Recovery Product CD  (Read 1758 times)
Dogger

« on: December 26, 2016, 08:06:20 PM »

I bought iRecover PRO in February 2012. I believe it was version 6.0 at the time. Soon after, it automatically updated to version 6.1. (I don't know how to see the version number in iRecover. How do I do that?)

My main question:

I have a folder in Program Files (x86) called DIY DataRecovery Product CD. I would like to make a CD from it, but my guess is that it will be version 6.0. Of course, when it's on a CD, it won't be able to update to 6.1. What can I do to make a CD with the latest version?

btw, when I used iRecover on a RAID 0 array in 2012, it recovered about 97% of everything on it! It's an excellent product, but I hope I never need to use it again, lol.

Thank you for any help you can provide!
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »

Do I understand correctly that you installed our DIY product CD setup and wish to include iRecover 6.1 on that disk? We haven't included 6.1 yet because it is still being tested (it's not beta but we're basically checking how it's doing in the wild) but by now I suppose I can add it to the CD. If you want to do it yourself you can use Winimage or any CD burning app, but if you wait a day or two I'll prep a new product CD.

Dogger

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 08:46:39 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply, Tom!

I haven't made a CD yet. I just realized that I still have iRecover installed on my main hard drive (another RAID 0 array) in Windows 10. If this array breaks, iRecover will be useless there. When I saw the folder for making a CD, it made sense to do it, but I wanted to be sure of the version I'd be putting on it. You answered my question - it would have been 6.0.

I can wait a few more days for the 6.1 version of the product CD. I'm not in any hurry (fortunately) but how will I know when the new product CD is ready to download?

Thanks again, Tom! You've been very helpful!
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 11:59:40 AM »

What I'll do is add 6.1 to the cd, I'll post here when it's done.

Joep
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 03:36:40 PM »

Heuh? 6.1 has been on there for ages.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »

Indeed, Joep seems to be correct, I remembered things wrong. There is a new no-setup version of iRecover available (which oddly enough doesn't show a version number), was that perhaps what you are referring to? As far as I know that shouldn't auto update from 6.0
Anyway, on our current CD the iRecover version is 6.1

Dogger

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 06:58:07 PM »

Thank you so much, Tom and Joep!

I downloaded the Product CD. I expect to be able to create the CD with no problems.

iRecover really saved my RAID 0 butt in 2012 when absolutely nothing else would even access the drives. I never want to be without it!

Thanks again for your help and for a really excellent product!

Be Well,
D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length