Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 08:59:14 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Speed-up Diskpatch.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Speed-up Diskpatch.  (Read 1163 times)
tip32a

« on: January 16, 2017, 09:22:31 PM »

Diskpatch is my go-to tool.  I tell everyone about it.  I was wondering if there is any way to speed it up.  A 1TB HDD takes 1200 minutes to image if all goes well a 500 GB takes 666.  I have tried Sata II and SATA III controllers.  BTY the drives are all SATA III.  So SATA III to SATA III.  Is there a recommended chipset or processor?  Or is there a better tool from your company?
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 12:15:16 PM »

DiskPatch won't do it faster than it does it right now, the whole thing runs in real mode so it's bound to be slow. We never went for speed, we went for reliability. I suppose, depending on the goal, there are better tools out there for imaging.

If imaging is the main thing here you can use iRecover. That'll be a lot quicker, and still has reliability in mind over speed.

tip32a

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 01:19:16 PM »

Thanks Tom,  for your quick reply.

Does iRecover have the same multipass recovery algorithms?  What is the difference between the two?
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »

There are similarities in the way the create copies, like re-reading, error handling, and other things. The main differences are:
- iRecover runs in Windows so has faster disk access.
- iRecover clones to image files, DiskPatch clones to disks.
It would get very technical to explain the exact differences but they both do what they do with accuracy in mind. The aim is recovery, not something like disk-to-disk copying.

You can get an idea of how DiskPatch works by looking at the clone section of the manual. Then look at the iRecover image interface and you'll see what is similar and/or different.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length