Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2017, 11:48:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  CD Burning Option
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Burning Option  (Read 674 times)
psifi2

« on: April 17, 2017, 08:55:48 AM »

I have Diskpatch with the technical license. When you make the floppy, the first time you run it and type in the key, you don't have to type it in again. However, using the CD burning function of diskpatch, it does not retain the key even though it was made on a machine that had already run diskpatch and had the key in the directory.

What needs to be done to make a bootable CD that retains the key so it does not have to be entered each time the program is run?

Thanks.
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »

You can find more info on this in the manual:
http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/dp_manual/registration.htm

psifi2

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 12:24:13 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I already looked at the information you cited. However, it assumes I know the software necessary to turn the floppy into an iso. I don't and I've searched all over for directions but have not found any info on getting the bootable floppy into a suitable format. What is the easiest software to turn the floppy into an iso? After that, I have the software to make the cd.
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:50:42 AM »

Any CD burning software will do that. I use Nero.
Or create floppy images with Winimage or AllImage or similar tools that are free to use (the ones I mentioned are not).
Winimage will allow you to edit the image files, so you can for instance add the DiskPatch license key file.

psifi2

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »

I've given up trying to make a CD that incorporates the key. The version of diskpatch that makes the bootable CD doesn't have a means to put the key on it.

So, the new version of diskpatch has a USB stick maker. How do I use that to put the key on it so I don't have to input that big number in every time I use it? If after making the bootable USB stick, do you simple copy the key file to it?

Thanks.
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »

After running DiskPatch for the first time and entering the key, the key is saved to either the local hard disk or to the USB stick (if you're using that). The USB stick has preference, so if DiskPatch runs from the USB stick the key will be saved to the stick.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length