Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 08:56:21 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iRecover (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Unprocessed exception when trying to save state (Unknown storage object type)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unprocessed exception when trying to save state (Unknown storage object type)  (Read 693 times)
kozmix

« on: June 09, 2017, 01:26:06 PM »

I think I've seen this error mentioned before, but haven't found the solution yet. After disabling auto-save (which generated the same error), I re-ran my scan (data recovery on intact sw-raid5 array) which finished successfully again.

When trying to save state, I get the same error message about an unknown storage object type (see attached screenshot and error output). Then the app just hangs.

I am using the version downloaded from your website today (no idea where to see version number).

Please advise.
Thank you!
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:28:39 PM »

Hi,

Bummer, that's frustrating when that happens after a scan.

What storage devices are connected to the PC? Maybe you can sent me a screenshot of disk management.

--
Kind regards,
Joep
kozmix

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:40:55 PM »

See attached. The PC has a system SSD and 3 NAS disks which I pulled from an Iomega NAS. No changes took place during the process (neither did I attach/remove a USB stick).
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 04:10:56 PM »

Hi,

Okay, so it's probably Linux based, the disks from the NAS?

But with the autosave disabled + you not saving the state yourself, you do get a directory list? If you do and it looks okay, recover a few files. Check the files. Then, you can enter a license key and continue the recovery without having to scan again.

And, you did pick 'data recovery for windows and linux' rather than RAID recovery, right?

--
Kind regards,
Joep
kozmix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »

Correct, filesystem is XFS and I was using the data recovery function. When the scan completes, I do get a directory list. I was just trying to save it for later use.
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »

Yes, I understand. At this point all I can say we're looking into it. In the folder where you ran iRecover from, does there happen to be a text file like ErrorLog.TXT?

--
Kind regards,
Joep
kozmix

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 10:01:03 AM »

Negative, errorlog.txt not present. Thanks for looking into this, however I did manage to eventually run my scan. I have purchased the full version now and I managed to save state properly now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length