Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2018, 10:28:29 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iRecover (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  iRecover (pro) unable to save files to NAS share
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iRecover (pro) unable to save files to NAS share  (Read 3412 times)
kozmix

« on: June 20, 2017, 10:04:49 AM »

I'm using the latest pro version of iRecover.

When trying to recover files towards a NAS share, I'm getting the following error in logfile.txt:
Unable to create file "...", error code 123

The recovery appears to be running fine meanwhile, but the logfile is flooded with the above message for each file. I noticed it is also not creating the directories (which happens as first step in the recovery).

When recovering to a local disk, it works fine.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »

That's a Windows error code. What's the file path you're writing to? Or better put it like this: Are you using the UNC path or did you map the network drive?

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUq03Deyy0
delvirtud

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 01:22:55 PM »

What ever came of this? Did you find a solution? I am attempting a UNC path as a mapped drive does not show up as an option. As kozmix stated above, it acts like it is creating directories (which it does not) then it actually shows that is is copying files, but the directory in the UNC path has nothing in it. After about 10 minutes of copying nothing (should be about 1.5TB), it claims it is finished. I do not have enough local storage to cover that space needed. I will attempt setting up iSCSI so that the software sees the NAS as a local drive, but until then, do you have an insight regarding the above?
Thanks.
del
delvirtud

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 05:35:43 PM »

I think the iSCSI option is working OK. Copying now.  Still would like to know why UNC will not AND why mapped drives will not show up an an option.
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 01:17:05 AM »

Hi,

It's a Windows thing. Can have to do with permissions. We can't trouble shoot that from here. iRecover simply traps the windows error code that was returned but you try this:
1. Launch the elevated command prompt (console)
on the Start Menu, find Command Prompt
right click it, pick Run As Administrator
2. Type
NET USE X: \\SERVER\SHARE
where X: is an unassigned drive letter and \\SERVER\SHARE is a path to share on the network
3. see if the drive appears as a target available for copying.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUq03Deyy0
delvirtud

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 12:42:44 PM »

Thanks for the reply. I received no error. It just said creating folder structures and copying files to the UNC path but never did anything. Also, as mentioned, I already attempted mapping the drive, but it did not show as an option.

All that being said, iSCSI to the NAS worked.

Thanks again.
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 02:17:22 AM »

Hi,

How did you map the drive?

--
Kind regards,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length