Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:18:59 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Requesting professional opinion on chances of recovery - log file included
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Requesting professional opinion on chances of recovery - log file included  (Read 19376 times)
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:34 PM »

Hello,

Diskpatch tries to clone everything 1 : 1. So, if it can copy everything from a booting disk then the clone should be able to boot as well. If the source boots and is swapped for the clone, the clone should boot as well. Make however sure, that once the clone finished, you power down and then immediately swap the disks. If you allow the Windows installation on the source to 'see' the clone strange things may happen haiving to do with drive letter assignments.

The read errors we get are time-outs. So, the disk firmware decides the read takes too long and decides to abandon the read and thows an error instead. Maybe a disk health report (report.txt on DP diskette) can reveal what's going on.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Christoph

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 05:26:09 PM »

Hi,

Unfortunately the disk does not boot.  I do not see a report.txt in the DP File.
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 08:33:44 AM »

A disk health report file will first have to be created, look here for details:
http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/dp_manual/guide_smartcheck.htm

Christoph

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 02:24:51 PM »

The Smartcheck was unable to write the file (it was trying to write it to the bad internal drive (a:) and threw error code 153 "unknown command given to the driver"  I tried going into 'Enable/Disable File saving/logging' to switch to saving to drive C: (the usb drive) but it appears I need a registration key at that point.
Christoph

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 02:34:03 PM »

also, just before the error the onscreen message says:  Drive 0 Maxtor yT250M0, Capacity 238475 MB, Temp 38 celcius, Perf.: 100%, Power On: 756 Days, 15 Hours, 32 Mins, Health 100%
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »

The 100% suggests the disk is okay, which doesn't seem to be the case. Makes pinpointing the problem a bit tricky, but the advice to clone the disk still is valid. Unless the disk doesn't hold anything of importance, in which case it can simply be replaced. Maybe connecting it to another PC gives different results, might be handy to try, to help identify the problem's source.

Christoph

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 03:17:34 PM »

Ill try that, thanks
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length