Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:21:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Clone DataSector not found. pass 2 aborted.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clone DataSector not found. pass 2 aborted.  (Read 3737 times)
tip32a

« on: March 21, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »

Can someone help me with this message?  I am cloning a drive in chunks.  And no matter where I start or end I get a red window with the following error.

Clone DataSector not found.  pass 2 aborted.

I am using DiskPatch 3.5.200.

Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »

Please post a recent log file.

The message means that the second pass of the cloning process could not start because the first pass had not been completed. The best way to clone a disk is to let DiskPatch take care of everything; start the full clone and sit back. The only reason not to do this would be when the disk is in such bad shape that the cloning process keeps crashing the pc.
So, what you should do is start (from scratch) a full clone and keep an eye on how things go.

Please understand that it's quite safe to start a clone from scratch when you have actually been cloning earlier; what's on the target disk is not wiped or destroyed when a clone is started, rather, sectors are written when the clone process 'gets to them'. So what was already on the target disk, stays there, until DiskPatch actually writes a new target sector.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length