Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:25:12 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Won't finish writing CD or DVD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Won't finish writing CD or DVD  (Read 3721 times)
jlwahl

« on: September 01, 2009, 03:40:23 AM »

Hi, I run the boot disk creation program and it starts writing a CD or a DVD (I have tried a number of times) but it hangs in the middle and never finishes. When I cancel it. There are a few directories names on the CD or DVD but no real files.

It writes a floppy disk fine.  Running XP pro to create this in order to save a hard drive on a laptop.  The laptop has no floppy drive so that doesn't help me unless by chance I can get it to boot to a usb external floppy drive.

Otherwise I got study up on making a bootable USB thumb drive. 

I didn't see any similar problems posted
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »

That's something we haven't seen before, the CD writing stuff is quite reliable. The only thing i can think of is problems with the drive or the disks, but i'm sure you've thought of that too and acted accordingly. The next best thing to do is to burn the CD by using a burning program like Nero, or the ISO burning tool we mention in the DiskPatch manual (on the links page). The image you need to burn can be found in the DiskPatch installation folder and is called "boot.iso". Just burn that to a CD and you should be good to go.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length