Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2019, 03:38:03 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: For support on DIY DataRecovery.nl products visit www.disktuna.com

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  error 7 in pgm-crt 755
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: error 7 in pgm-crt 755  (Read 8216 times)
vagullo

« on: June 26, 2008, 01:34:07 AM »

Hello
I finally managed  to get a bootable cd with support for USB and now I can have access to my pen-drive for saving logs
But any time I try to run dp.exe either from menu or  from comand line I get an error "error" 7 in pgm-crt 755.
Why does it happens? How can it be fixed?
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 08:41:35 AM »

We will look into it and get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, are you sure you need drivers to access the USB drive you speak of? Most modern day BIOS's can handle USB without additional drivers, and the USB drivers out there are not all that stable.

Edit:
The error means that there isn't enough memory to run DiskPatch. This is probably caused by loading the USB drivers. So if you can't access the USB drive without the drivers, you won't be able to save the logs.

Could you explain what the problem is, why do you need DiskPatch? Maybe we can fix the problem without having to create logs.

vagullo

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »

I was afraid that it could be a problem of memory management. Computer is a 4 year old vaio and apparently doesn?t support USB from bios I think I need dirvers because it dosen?t have FD drive just usb ports and DVD  drive. If I want a log I need the access to USB pen drive. I use a boot  disk from XP Home  that was used to create a boot cd using Nero. I used the drivers recommended by DIY and added to config sys lines suggested in your tutorial. But my Datatraveller is not recognized. I managed to access it using iOmega drivers and guest.exe program. I added device=hymem.sys and  .exe lines  to check if any worked and dos=high in config.sys but  still have the problem. I also changed menu.bat add ing "lh"  before Dp.exe and other DIY programs trying to load them in high memory but my DOS  is a bit rusty and I?m not sure if I miss some command or line. But I guess if I can handle program loading in memory I will make DP work with usb support

Because I cannot log I sent a earlier description  to support@diyrecovery some day ago:

Laptop computer was on and suddently desktop screen freezed as far I remeber with just explorer, windows calculator and firefox were open on it. Even mouse pointer was freezed. I had to press on button to restart it because ctrl+alt+sup didn?t work. But it didn?t boot again. After the windows XP home logo apperars for a couple of seconds ,a quick blue windows was shown with some message appears for a fraction of second and computers restarted again and again. After pressing F8 any of the boot options had same described effect and couldn't use any of them.
Computer is a Vaio pcg grt 816s has a 80 Gb disk with two partitions C: and D: with NTFS format. It has a recovery disk instead program set up disks so for reinstalling program it restores C to the factory settings from the disk keeping D: untouched. I couldn?t used this recovery disk since it yielded and early error when checking partitions. Trying a windows instalation cd had same kind of error. If I use a DR DOS boot disk. I could see the whole file structure in both disk but couldn?t access any of them. We used a Ubunty live CD and two units could be seen but no acces to any of them was allowed.
No scandisk or Chkdsk or disk writing at all was performed  after disk crashed

When started Diskpatch from CD as no writing was possible,  an error said " an error ocurred while creating log file" " file writing is currently disabled" " A drive is currently selected abd cant be used to save files " No other drive options existed so I cancelled to continue without writing.
Another message appeared "Maximum wrte error (1) reached at 29 please select how to continue ". Chose first option
Start up checking were all test  green except "partition back up" in yellow

Select disk
0 port 128 LBA 156301488 Head GEO 255 Sect GEO 63 Physical

Surface test resulted in one read errror in partition 1 at sector 891907 and another in partition 2 at 140529667 sector.

tested  "Rebuild boot sector" in both partition and test resulted OK, "no repair needed"
In "partition repair" option two partitions detected for repair
01 NTFS primary VAIO 63 58605057 286 A
02 NTFS logical VAIO 58605183 97691202 476 A

Information partition 1
Type NTFS
Table entry not found
But sector at 63
Back up at 58605119
Fat sig not found
rate A
Start location 63 (011)
Size 58605057
end location 58605119 (364254639
primary
selected for repair
Error type for selection none

Information partition 2
Type NTFS
Table entry 586605183
Boot sector at 586605183
Back up at 156296384 (972825463)
Fat sig not found
rate A
Start location 58605183 (364811)
Size 97691202 (476)
end location 156296384 (972825463)
logical
selected for repair
Error type for selection none

Option MBR related tasks
partition atributes
1 ACTIVE NTFS VAIO 27Gb
2 Ext NA NA 46.58Gb

If I manage with long wrting I guess everything would be cleared
Joep
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:22:45 PM »

Hello,

Personally I don't think this is either partition table or boot sector related (give the fact that Windows starts loading). The 2 bad sectors are bad news but I can't tell if they're directly related to problems you are currently experiencing. If they are, cloning the disk may be a first step towards access to the data. Alternatively, a read/write surface scan may also resolve the bad sector issue. Possibly, once these sectors are reallocated data can be accessed or maybe even Windows will boot.

Safest approach would be to: remove the disk and attach it to a desktop. Then

- you can try to salvage data using for example iRecover, or,
- first clone the disk - this may be wise because the freezing all of a sudden and the fact that partitions can be accessed using Ubuntu may indicate a more serious problem with the disk.

You can also create a DiskPatch support analysis logfile, but as I mentioned before I very much doubt the problem is partition table / boot sector related.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Tom
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »

In addition, just FYI:

Computer is a 4 year old vaio and apparently doesn´t support USB from bios I think I need dirvers because it dosen´t have FD drive just usb ports and DVD  drive.
One of my laptops is considerably older and still supports USB access from dos or the BIOS. There's a good chance you need to tweak a BIOS setting to make it work, if the PC is a bit older. Look for "legacy USB" stuff, if you decide to give it a try.
But my Datatraveller is not recognized. I managed to access it using iOmega drivers and guest.exe program. I added device=hymem.sys and  .exe lines  to check if any worked and dos=high in config.sys but  still have the problem. I also changed menu.bat add ing "lh"  before Dp.exe and other DIY programs trying to load them in high memory but my DOS  is a bit rusty and I´m not sure if I miss some command or line.
LH won't work because we didn't include the Freedos UMB manager in the DP bootdisk. It's rather unstable, so that's a good reason not to use it. In addition, drivers in Freedos tend to behave erratically when loaded in UMB, so using that feature is not recommended. You could try using a Windows 98 DOS boot disk (with UMB manager), that's a pretty stable DOS version but you would have to locate that somewhere and it will be quite a hassle to create a working disk.

The clone advice and the surface scan advice that was given earlier is sound. Make sure to use the original DP bootdisk (not the doctored one with the additional USB driver stuff).
In addition, as stated, the fact that the windows screens appear means that the partition stuff is probably okay. Meaning: the repair functions in diskpatch won't be able to help you (with the possible exception of the surface scan). It might be a good idea to try things like safe mode or boot logging. You could also try to use a BartPE disk to access the partitions (since ubuntu doesn't work), see if you can read the boot log.
Find BartPE here: www.nu2.nu/pebuilder

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length