Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 07:07:46 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Samsung SSD not recognized
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Samsung SSD not recognized  (Read 8836 times)
zyzzogeton

« on: October 31, 2010, 01:51:49 AM »

I am getting an Error at address 78334.  The system doesn't recognize that there is a hard drive installed.

It is a Samsung SSD 128GB uSATA 1 drive.

The driver indicator in Windows XP is: "IDE\DISKSAMSUNG_SSD_THIN_USATA_128GB_M__________VAM05D1Q\4&39A18AFC&0&0.0.0"

It is installed in a Dell Latitude E4200 and is working just fine.  I can't get it to be recognized by Diskpatch when it starts up though booting from a USB stick
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:43:59 AM »

Sorry, but that is not enough to go on. Sounds like the drive is faulty though, but I can't say much more about this without more details. Is it recognized correctly in the BIOS? Does it show up in windows disk manager? Did it ever work fine before? Did something change in the hardware or software that may have caused the problem?

The system doesn't recognize that there is a hard drive installed.
It is installed in a Dell Latitude E4200 and is working just fine.
This confusing, you'll need to be more specific.

zyzzogeton

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »

The drive is properly configured, boots into windows XP just fine, and is also visible if you boot with Ubuntu Linux. In fact, the only unusual thing is that it is an ssd (and that it is not recognized by the XP based dos installed on the diskpatch usb)
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 03:14:01 PM »

I am getting an Error at address 78334

It should not only tell you an error address but also an error number. And at what point does the error occur?

Did DiskPatch create a logfile, if so can we see it? What other disks are in the system?

What's DiskPatch needed for? If the disk is ok? If another disk, can the SSD be removed for now?

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length