Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 17, 2018, 04:31:34 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  iRecover (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  iRecover Hangs When Opening "Save File"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: iRecover Hangs When Opening "Save File"  (Read 5242 times)
KSN

« on: August 03, 2008, 05:54:52 PM »

I downloaded the iRecover 3.1.0.0 trial and ran it on a server.  The trial ran ok.  At the end, I saved the .zar file to the desktop.  Since it appeared to be able to "find" what I am looking for, I purchased the product.

I rebooted the server, registered the software, then clicked "open file."  It seems to run for a little, then the server hangs.

Description of setup:

1.  Dell PowerEdge 1600sc server.  3x 18 GB SCSI drives configured in a RAID 5.
2.  Server crashed.  Will not reboot.  It appears that the RAID card failed (lost the logical drive information).
3.  Took another computer (P4 1.7, 2.0 GB RAM), installed fresh Windows 2k3 Server Std on a known good IDE drive.  Connected the RAID cage from the Dell to an Adaptec SCSI card in the other server.
4.  Running iRecover on the second computer to recover data on the SCSI drives in the Dell Server.
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »

I assume then that the RAID setup is currently not connected as such, that the 3 disks are "seen" as individual disks and that iRecover analyzes the disks as RAID. Correct?

Run iRecover and don't use the ZAR file, simply rescan the disks. It shouldn't take all that long, the disks are relatively small.
If that doesn't work then zip the iRecover log file (found in the program's install folder) and send it to our support email address.

About those disks, are they really 18Gb? It's quite small for this day and age so i was thinking that it may be a typo...

KSN

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 06:41:00 AM »

I assume then that the RAID setup is currently not connected as such, that the 3 disks are "seen" as individual disks and that iRecover analyzes the disks as RAID. Correct?

Yes, the disks are seen as 3 individual disks (connected to a SCSI card, not the original RAID card) and iRecover is analyzing the disks as a RAID 5.

Run iRecover and don't use the ZAR file, simply rescan the disks. It shouldn't take all that long, the disks are relatively small.

I tried to rescan the disks without messing with a ZAR file...  It got to the point where it was building the file list to "copy" then gave the error "An error has occurred and it is not possible to continue execution.  The program will now terminate.  The error message was Thread fault Monitor Thread."

As far as rescanning the disks, it took well over 16 hours to get to the point where the error listed above occurred.  I checked, and the map with all of the little dots do NOT have any "bad sectors" listed, nor were there any red areas when the RAID was reconstructing.

About those disks, are they really 18Gb? It's quite small for this day and age so i was thinking that it may be a typo...

Yes, they are 18.4 GB SCSI drives.  I think that the server is around 5 years old or so...

If that doesn't work then zip the iRecover log file (found in the program's install folder) and send it to our support email address.

Sending the log file in right now...

Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »

Hello,

Can't tell from the logfile what's happening, sorry. I do have a newer build that may allow you to load the save file. From the logfile however it appears there are bad sectors on the disk. Once bad sectors develop, often new bad sectors will follow. If more bad sectors developed after the initial scan, then this may also be a cause for the save file not loading.

Please sent me a personal message with an email address I can sent a 2.5 Mb ZIP file to.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUq03Deyy0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length