Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 07:05:56 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  EIDE drive partitioned with E-Z BIOS
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EIDE drive partitioned with E-Z BIOS  (Read 28714 times)
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 09:27:52 AM »

Hello,

That's not something we can help with I'm afraid, sounds like a Windows issue. If it gets that far, MBR, partition tables and the boot sector are fine. Could be a lot of things really. Maybe the system file checker can help (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/185836) or else try repairing the operating system (using Windows setup). Could also be a 3rd party driver that's mal behaving. May also be a good idea to check the system memory.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Ben1784

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 07:59:06 PM »

Tom:
Joep:

Many thanks for sharing your expertise and time in helping me to restore this HDD to a bootable condition.  In summary, it seems that rebuilding the partition tables and editing the size of the primary partition (the original BS Repair failed) restored all the partitions.  The subsequent BS Repair, activating the partition, and Injecting the boot code enabled the drive to boot.

I wish I had found a solution to the Windows problem that I could pass along to you, but it seems like that will take quite a bit more trial (and lots of error) on my part.

Thanks again for your time and patience,

Ben
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 09:40:00 PM »

Glad to be of service.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length