Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 01:21:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News:

+  DIY DataRecovery.nl Support forum
|-+  Support
| |-+  DiskPatch (Moderators: Tom, Joep)
| | |-+  Disk Patch get stuck at 7%
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disk Patch get stuck at 7%  (Read 5282 times)
Julie

« on: August 31, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »

I have a disk with bad sectors and purchased the software to try and clone. I start the clone process and it begins the process and gets to 7% and stops and there is no activity on the drives.  Any help would be apprecaited.
Tom
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 08:51:10 AM »

We need to know a bit more about the state of the disk before advice can be given, but it already seems that the disk is in bad shape. If possible, post the log files that DiskPatch creates, we really need the info that's in there. Also, create one of these:
http://www.diydatarecovery.nl/dp_manual/guide_smartcheck.htm
Post the result, please.
Is there any additional info on the disk's background? What happened before you decided to clone the disk?

Julie

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 05:51:22 PM »

I will collect the log information and try the smartcheck.  I dont think the drive is in that bad of shape, it does boot up and the applications run just fine, i believe there are just some bad sectors.  i am afraid to mark them bad or do anything with the drive until we have a copy.  Is the log required to repair?
Joep
Developer and Support Tech
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 07:01:55 PM »

Hello,

Well, we need the log to see if DiskPatch stops, and if so, why it stops.

i believe there are just some bad sectors

Why? What are the actual symptoms?

You could try the read-only disk scan in DiskPatch, see if it gets passed the errors.

If the disk isn't in really bad shape then marking the sectors as bad (usimg the DiskPatch read/write scan, I am not referring to chkdsk!) will give you the exact same results as cloning the disk. A sector that can't be read during a read/write pass or a clone pass yields the same result: data from that sector can not be recovered.

--
Kind regards,
Joep - My blog @: www.disktuna.com - Try my JPEG Repair Tool: https://youtu.be/Ox2F8QRuU5Q
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length